Pages

Monday 22 August 2011

In Need of Inspiration

So this evening, I have been wandering around online looking for inspiration for my intermediate classes in particular.  In FSL, I can hook them in Grade 1-5, 90% of the time.  Grades 6-8, it's like a 50/50 game.  I need to find a way for them to see the value of what we are learning.  A friend posted this video which I love on Facebook today.  It really got me thinking.


How can I change what I am doing so that I am engaging kids?  How can I keep them from being bored?  How can I infuse my classroom with creativity when my goal is to have them grasp a language?  How can they acquire the language and be engaged?    It's all a big jumble in my head right now to be completely honest.  

What I do know is this, kids will learn if they are interested.  So if my goal is for them to be engaged, then let them help select topics for projects.  Guide them rather then tell them.   has a great sign up in her classroom that reads : This is Not a Telling Classroom: This is a Partnership.  Brilliant!  Now to brainstorm ways to make this concept work, in elementary, in a second language class.  I know I can do this, I just have to think about what it will look like in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS